Here are some tips how to maintain your suede or leather properties :
- Protect the collar area from perspiration and body oils with a scarf or high collar
- Suede and sheepskin can benefit from a stiff brush after wear to remove surface dirt and keep the nap free.
- Leather needs wiping with a damp cloth to remove surface dirt. When dry apply a special leather polish.
- A small stain on suede may be removed with a hard Indian rubber using a gentle circular motion.
- If wet, hang to dry, away from direct heat.
- Store under a clean cotton cover, never near plastic. The skin needs to breath.
- If you have a suede or leather 2-piece costume, always take both parts to be cleaned at the same time.
- Always buy loose fitting skin garments as some are overstretched in manufacture and may never revert back to their original shape in cleaning.
- Skin garments are expensive to buy from a reputable source and check all panels inside and out have equal colour and texture.
( JEEVES Central Processing Unit-Jakarta Indonesia )